How Do I remove the bar at the bottom

Last Updated:

1. allymoss

allymoss New Member

I have searched but I am not sure what to search for.

I want to remove or change the bar at the bottom of my homescreens. The one with the menu button, the phone button and the add widget button.

2. rtb35

rtb35 Well-Known Member

You can do that by changing the home launcher or UI on your phone,the UI that comes with the phone is called Sense but there are many alternatives available on the android market.

Here are a few:
    ADW launcher

all you need to do is try out all the different alternatives and see what you like.

If you look at this thread you can see what many of them look like on the Desire.

Edit - Something worth mentioning is if you choose not to use Sense you will not be able to use the HTC Widgets that come with the phone.
  3. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

Dear HTC: Considering the sheer number of people who don't use Sense UI specifically because of the crappy dock at the bottom, why did you not add an option to change this in Froyo? Morons. :rolleyes:
  4. adam_hilluk

adam_hilluk Well-Known Member

I've just tried all the other UI suggested above.

Hated the other 2 but launcherpro is pretty good imo. However I'm going to stick with sense because I need the HTC widgets which launcherpro won't let me use :-(