How do I remove this app?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Twicearee, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Twicearee

Twicearee New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    The sales girl installed Goggles on my phone when I bought it because she said I would really like it; I don't - I want to remove it but it does not show up in my list of installed applications. Is there another way to uninstall a program?

Advertisement
  2. mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Charleston, WV
    Just go to the market and look it up and choose it like you were going to install it and it will show a button to uninstall instead. Choose it and it will remove it.

mreortiz likes this.
  3. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

Google Goggles came to my Moto Droid as part of the 2.1 update. I just realized that you can't uninstall it because of that.

4. blackvyper

blackvyper Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Regensburg, Germany
    With root on your phone these kinds of things become non-issues. I had Goggles.. it was good for about 3 or 4 items scans then away it went!

5. Twicearee

Twicearee New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Just go to the market and look it up and choose it like you were going to install it and it will show a button to uninstall instead. Choose it and it will remove it.[/QUOTE]

When I do this the uninstall button is greyed out and it will not let me choose that option.

6. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer
    VIP Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Driver
    W Midlands, UK
    It's because it's a core app. The only way to remove these is with root access.

You don't specify your phone so I can't offer a guide.

7. mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Charleston, WV
    When I do this the uninstall button is greyed out and it will not let me choose that option.[/QUOTE]

Didn't realize it was a core app. I got Goggles from the Market after the fact. Sorry....

8. DellyBelly

DellyBelly Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Ops Manager
    Philadelphia
    Didn't realize it was a core app. I got Goggles from the Market after the fact. Sorry....[/QUOTE]

Well it wasn't always a core app until the latest update, so a lot of people probably don't/didn't know this.