1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

How do I remove this app?

Last Updated:

1. Twicearee

Twicearee New Member This Topic's Starter

The sales girl installed Goggles on my phone when I bought it because she said I would really like it; I don't - I want to remove it but it does not show up in my list of installed applications. Is there another way to uninstall a program?

Advertisement
  2. mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie Well-Known Member

Just go to the market and look it up and choose it like you were going to install it and it will show a button to uninstall instead. Choose it and it will remove it.

mreortiz likes this.
  3. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

Google Goggles came to my Moto Droid as part of the 2.1 update. I just realized that you can't uninstall it because of that.

4. blackvyper

blackvyper Well-Known Member

With root on your phone these kinds of things become non-issues. I had Goggles.. it was good for about 3 or 4 items scans then away it went!

5. Twicearee

Twicearee New Member This Topic's Starter

Just go to the market and look it up and choose it like you were going to install it and it will show a button to uninstall instead. Choose it and it will remove it.[/QUOTE]

When I do this the uninstall button is greyed out and it will not let me choose that option.

6. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

It's because it's a core app. The only way to remove these is with root access.

You don't specify your phone so I can't offer a guide.

7. mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie Well-Known Member

When I do this the uninstall button is greyed out and it will not let me choose that option.[/QUOTE]

Didn't realize it was a core app. I got Goggles from the Market after the fact. Sorry....

8. DellyBelly

DellyBelly Well-Known Member

Didn't realize it was a core app. I got Goggles from the Market after the fact. Sorry....[/QUOTE]

Well it wasn't always a core app until the latest update, so a lot of people probably don't/didn't know this.