How do I remove this evil clear plastic case?

Last Updated:

1. Sheldor

Sheldor Active Member This Topic's Starter

When I bought my Captivate at the AT&T store, they tossed in a free case, which they put on the phone before I could even hold it :(. This transparent Plastic thing is evil, by which I mean I can't get it off. I'm afraid to take a screwdriver to it because I don't want to risk scratching the phone (that was why I got the case in the first place).

Does anyone have experience with "incipio" plastic case? Do you know how to get it off safely? Can I take it in the store and have them do it? Would they be willing to exchange my phone over something so silly?

Advertisement
  2. Respen

Respen Active Member

it helps if you hold it at opposite ends, instead of gripping it in the middle (because this puts pressure on where they are sealed together). Also using a fingernail or knife on the side and twisting each side has helped me.

Removing the case scratched mine, and you can bet I took both the case and the phone back to be replaced. I'm picky, which is why I purchased a case in the first place... no case should damage a phone for just removing it. I ended up getting the body glove case.

BTW there are a couple of threads on this already, lots having this issue.