• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I remove..

richiefv

Lurker
Jun 17, 2011
How do I remove from the Market, when I hit 'menu' then My apps, there is an app called CoPilot Live UK I deleted and I don't want it in the My apps list anymore. To the right it says Purchased,not installed. I already tried reinstalling it and deleting it. How do I remove this thing from My apps list please?

How do I remove from the Market, when I hit 'menu' then My apps, there is an app called CoPilot Live UK I deleted and I don't want it in the My apps list anymore. To the right it says Purchased,not installed. I already tried reinstalling it and deleting it. How do I remove this thing from My apps list please?
Once you purchase an app from the android market, it is linked to the gmail account that was used for the purchase. This is done so that you can reinstall the apps that you have paid for at any time without having to pay for them again. As far as I know, you can't remove the purchased apps.

Upvote 0
So what happens if I delete my gmail account? Will the list go away or what and how will this affect my phone?
If you use a different gmail account the apps you purchased with the previous account will no longer be visible in the new gmail account - you'd have to repurchase all of the purchased apps again. The pros to this would be cleaning out your apps list. The cons would be having to set up your calendar, gmail, and all other information linked to the previous gmail account in the new gmail account. Hence, it would affect everything related to your current google account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones