• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I replace my stock lockscreen. ROOTED

nicholeto_O

May 23, 2015
I just wanted to know if there is a way to change my lockscreen by just simple steps.

I did one change to my phone. I copied ADW Launcher's apk and rename it as same as my default launcher's name (which is LongCheerLauncher3.apk) and replace it in system/app/. And it worked! Now I have smooth and good looking launcher than the old one. And it's not a third party app anymore, but it's now a system app.

Now my question is can I also do it to change my lockscreen? Or just tell me how to do it so I know if it's that complicated.

You can't delete the lock screen, you can only deactivate it and add another lock screen. If your device is rooted, you can uninstall an .apk file in your system files which is used for locking your screen, but this will cause system instability and might have side effects on your phone (I wouldn't advice you to do this).
Go to accessibility settings>service>then select the downloaded lock-screen as the default lock-screen.

If you have selected none and still get a swipe, then you have a problem with your device or the default setting for none is set to swipe by the firmware. Can you see a swipe option on lock-screen?

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones