How do I reroot my phone running Damages latest 2.1 Rom?

Last Updated:

1. mslisaj

mslisaj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Apparently some how I lost root on my Hero. What guide do I follow to reroot it?
    I'm still running DC's 2.09.1 Rom.

Thanks for the help.......

Lisa

Advertisement
  2. Guitardoc64

Guitardoc64 Well-Known Member

What makes you think you lost root?

3. mslisaj

Well it was suggested to me that I lost root because my SU stopped working. To be more specific the two programs that I have that require SU stopped. They are Titanium Backup and Root Explorer. My original problem was I was loosing internal memory in a rather parasitic fashion as it was constantly going away a little at a time until I would get below the magic 16MB and it would turn the low memory warning on. At that time it was suggested that I install a cache Manager so I downloaded the one that was recommended and installed it. But it wouldn't do it's thing as it needed Root and the person that recommended it suggested that somewhere along the line I lost root. So that is how I'm making this magic assumption. I am running the latest Super User Permissions software and it open an says the effected programs have green lights so it should work. But that is all I know. In another forum it was suggested I run from the "on phone" command line the command SU and if I had root it would tell me and if I didn't it would tell me that too. But I don't know how or where to get a command line to run that command...........

Thanks for your help.........

Lisa

4. mslisaj

I am following through as I alway do to thank you all for your help and tell you how I resolved the problem. I received some great advice from everyone and the last tip, which is usually my luck was the best.

The bottom line someone questioned why I thought I lost root. I explained what was going on and the best and final suggestion was to down load the latest Superuser.apk and flash through "recovery". Yes I had to ask exactly what that meant but I followed the directions and did it. Problem solved. I had SU working on my phone for Root Explorer and Titanium Backup. Then I downloaded Cachecleaner and it worked this time perfectly and it found 25MB of junk on my phone and cleared it out. So now I'm running 40MB of internal memory with all my programs working rather snappy now. In my estimation I screwed up the SU with the memory manager that was recommended somewhere along the line. When it didn't do anything for me I uninstalled it and I think my SU went with it. But the phone is fixed and I want to thank you all for your time in responding to my problem and requests. Sometimes multiple............

Thanks again.....

Lisa :D

5. Guitardoc64

Guitardoc64 Well-Known Member

Awesome, glad you got it fixed. I saw the suggestion about flashing the new superuser and hoped you'd try that. I had a similar problem with the SU, and did the same thing. There is really no way I know of to lose root with a custom ROM.