1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

How do I reset the phone to factory default?Support

Last Updated:

1. secrecyguy

secrecyguy Well-Known Member

I try deleting couple of stuff, move few stuff, and clean up the phone but it always say memory full. So...

How do I reset the phone to factory default?

Advertisement
  2. melim

melim Disabled

Are you rooted? I'm guessing not since you're running out of space, but if so don't do it.

If not: Settings>Privacy>Factory Data Reset
  3. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

Rooted phones have memory issues as well.
  4. secrecyguy

secrecyguy Well-Known Member

I don't have it rooted. i never bother doing it. I did it on my previous phone though.

Thanks for all your help! :)
  5. melim

melim Disabled

Then why bother? :p

You're welcome. :)
  6. brotherswing

brotherswing Well-Known Member

Mine doesn't.
  7. melim

melim Disabled

Uh oh...:eek::p
  8. brotherswing

No worries, Melim! I've stated many times before, the only problems I've had with my OV were always my fault. :D
  9. melim

melim Disabled

LOL, it wasn't about that. I sensed you and MacFett might be about to throw down...<insert appropriate emoticon here>
  10. brotherswing

Dig! As I re-read the thread, I can see how you felt. My intent was not to undercut Mac, I'm just reporting my observations.
  11. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

I should have said, can have memory problems as well. Not saying all do, I don't but I know there are others that do.
    brotherswing likes this.
  12. brotherswing

Fair enough! I seem to have been lucky with my phone, I keep sidesteping the pitfalls others have with the OV.
  13. melim

melim Disabled

Damn, we haven't had a good fight in here for a long time...:p

Secrecyguy, if you're still reading and thinking WTH are these fools ;) doing in my thread- how's your phone now?
  14. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

He's probably thinking he's been hijacked.
  15. melim

melim Disabled

But, but...MacFett started it. :p And only after I answered secrecyguy's question...and I tried to get it back on topic...:(:):rolleyes:
    and I was including myself in "these fools"
  16. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

Oookaay.
  17. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar

To answer the op there's an option under privacy in your menu. But do not use it if rooted
    Edit: sorry didn't see melim did give the answer.
  18. melim

melim Disabled

I'm convinced about 60-70% of my posts here are invisible. Or about that many people have me on ignore. :p
  19. lorenzo3988

lorenzo3988 Member

I have done this 1 also....1)Hold down power buton,up volume button,AND Home key button simutaneously.2)Hold until instructions come on.3)VOILA!!
  20. brotherswing

You have a custom recovery. That option isn't there in the stock recovery, so would not be available for everyone. The reset option under privacy is on every OV unless it has a custom rom, and if that's the case, you have it in the recovery.