How do I reset the phone to factory default?Support

1. secrecyguy

secrecyguy Well-Known Member

I try deleting couple of stuff, move few stuff, and clean up the phone but it always say memory full. So...

How do I reset the phone to factory default?

Advertisement
    :
  2. melim

melim Disabled

Are you rooted? I'm guessing not since you're running out of space, but if so don't do it.

If not: Settings>Privacy>Factory Data Reset
  3. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

Rooted phones have memory issues as well.
  4. secrecyguy

secrecyguy Well-Known Member

I don't have it rooted. i never bother doing it. I did it on my previous phone though.

Thanks for all your help! :)
  5. melim

melim Disabled

Then why bother? :p

You're welcome. :)
  6. brotherswing

brotherswing Well-Known Member

Mine doesn't.
  7. melim

melim Disabled

Uh oh...:eek::p
  8. brotherswing

No worries, Melim! I've stated many times before, the only problems I've had with my OV were always my fault. :D
  9. melim

melim Disabled

LOL, it wasn't about that. I sensed you and MacFett might be about to throw down...<insert appropriate emoticon here>
  10. brotherswing

Dig! As I re-read the thread, I can see how you felt. My intent was not to undercut Mac, I'm just reporting my observations.
  11. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

I should have said, can have memory problems as well. Not saying all do, I don't but I know there are others that do.
    brotherswing likes this.
  12. brotherswing

Fair enough! I seem to have been lucky with my phone, I keep sidesteping the pitfalls others have with the OV.
  13. melim

melim Disabled

Damn, we haven't had a good fight in here for a long time...:p

Secrecyguy, if you're still reading and thinking WTH are these fools ;) doing in my thread- how's your phone now?
  14. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

He's probably thinking he's been hijacked.
  15. melim

melim Disabled

But, but...MacFett started it. :p And only after I answered secrecyguy's question...and I tried to get it back on topic...:(:):rolleyes:
    and I was including myself in "these fools"
  16. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

Oookaay.
  17. benslgdroid

benslgdroid rockstar Guide

To answer the op there's an option under privacy in your menu. But do not use it if rooted
    Edit: sorry didn't see melim did give the answer.
  18. melim

melim Disabled

I'm convinced about 60-70% of my posts here are invisible. Or about that many people have me on ignore. :p
  19. lorenzo3988

lorenzo3988 Member

I have done this 1 also....1)Hold down power buton,up volume button,AND Home key button simutaneously.2)Hold until instructions come on.3)VOILA!!
  20. brotherswing

You have a custom recovery. That option isn't there in the stock recovery, so would not be available for everyone. The reset option under privacy is on every OV unless it has a custom rom, and if that's the case, you have it in the recovery.