• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I reset to factory with bootable sd card

andonakis

Oct 5, 2010
So I have the nook color and purchased a bootable micro sd card to use it as a full android tablet. My question is how do I do a factory reset with out erasing the sd card i bought. I'm planing on selling my nook along with the sd card I bought so the other person can use it as a tablet, just dont want all my stuff on it. Thanks.

Ok I know how to do that. But will that erase my sd card that makes it possible to use my nook as a full tablet? Plus will it make my regular nook go back to factory?
If I do it that way will I still be able to boot up from sd card and use it as a full tablet? In other words after doing it within android can I just sell it when I can? Thanks.

Upvote 0
You should be able to factory reset with B&N and with Android. (B&N may call it something different.) If you format your sdcard from Android, it should wipe the sdcard partition (not the whole card) as well.

The only way I can think of that will screw it up would be to take the card out and format it from Windows. It would no longer boot then.

A factory reset just formats the data partition, which stores your apps and settings.

Bear in mind I'm an Android guy, not a B&N reader-type. I haven't spent more than a couple minutes with the B&N rom. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones