• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How Do I Restore Stock Recovery?

Sorry I did post this already as a reply to another thread, but then I saw that that thread seemed more or less dead so in order to increase chances of answer figured I should ask here.

Anyway i skimmed and googled a bit but couldnt find an answer that helped me. My phone has been crapping out and I'd like to take it in for warranty service, but want to restore my device recovery to default just to be safe that they dont try to deny my on those grounds. I kep the "dump-recovery.img" file from when I flashed it so wondered what to do to bring it back to normal.
One thing that may be an issue. The way it craps out is after booting it just shuts down at random quick intervals. Sometimes itll stay on for 10 min, sometimes 2 min but I can never be sure how long itll stay on. For this reason I can really only be certain that I can keep it connected long enough if I leave it in the android system recovery menu. It may be a software error that can be fixed by flashing a new rom, but since i have only 1 mo of warranty Id rather be safe and return it than think its fine and be sol after my time has passed.
Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated. Just to answer the obvious question, I have an Optimus T and I installed the recovery software found here

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones