• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root how do i root my GINGERBREAD z?

emaayan

Jun 28, 2011
hi, after just getting the gingerbread Z update from HTC (which "just" happened after i email them with "what's going on with it", and they asked my software version, then after a few days randomly checking my updates, i got it).

anywho, i saw the rooting guides here but i'm not sure they are fitted for gingerbreaded z, , so after i've upgraded and so far is everything is fine, i would like to root it inorder to remove stock apps and get my hebrew bidi layout correctly (it's espcially annyoing when you recive the montly credit card billing info and realize that the sum of 71021 is actually 12071!!!)

Hi!

It doesn't appear that the latest update is any more rootable than the earlier ones.

However it's possible to gain a temp-root in order to downgrade the firmware to the original release version, which can then be perm-rooted. There's a guide topic over at XDA here, which should be read in conjunction with the Vision Wiki as much of the procedure appears similar.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones