How do I root this phone, specs below

Last Updated: 2014-05-28 00:17:07
  1. curtispaddack

curtispaddack New Member

Hi Guys I need to ROOT my ZTE Fury from sprint, I have tried superoneclick, and well as some other one click options that I could find. Also tried doing it through ADB and Odin, nothing is working because it is android 2.3.6 here is the specs for the phone...

If anyone has any ideas please let me know, thank you

ZTE FURY
    MODEL N850
    ANDROID VERSION 2.3.6
    BASEBAND VERSION - NOT IMPORTANT BUT HERE IS IS N850B01
    KERNAL 2.6.35.11-perf-zte-kernal@Zdroid-SMT
    SW Version N850V1.0.0B13
    HW Version c5kc

Please reply to thread so that we can help everyone, I've rooted in the past an HTC Evo 4g with unrevoked and gotten clockworkmod and this phone comes with the LTE bootloader however I would also like clockworkmod, with superuser and su unlocked.

Thanks Guys and Gals look forward to results.

Advertisement
  2. shinru2004

shinru2004 Well-Known Member Developer

If i had one of these phones then i could test some of the stuff we have for the ZTE Warp since they are almost identical, actually i can install the Fury rom straight to the Warp without any mods and it will boot.

EDIT: Sorry for replying to such an old post
  3. rocker2344

rocker2344 New Member

since u can load the furry rom would i be able to root the fury using the warp tools?
  4. rocker2344

rocker2344 New Member

bootloader does not load
    it just does a normal reboot
    EDIT!!!
    ok it does have a bootloader, and i was able to write a cm image to it. but when i try to boot into the recovery it just sits there. everything else works.
    1 STEP CLOSER
    if anyone knows how to build a cw image please comtact me!
  5. giantpune

giantpune Well-Known Member

I have recently released a beta test for a new method for rooting some phones. I am trying to determine which devices are able to be rooted with this new method. After some looking around, I came across this model that looks like it may be able to be rooted. If there is somebody with this device and is comfortable pushing and pulling files and running commands with adb, I am willing to try and work with you and add support into my rooting program.

Drop me a PM if you're interested.
  6. thatb1tch

thatb1tch Member

7. thatb1tch

thatb1tch Member

Sorry the app is called poot :)
  8. rocko hacks

rocko hacks New Member

I tried using poot my phone freezed on me :mad: How did u get it to work?
  9. thatb1tch

thatb1tch Member

I just ran it and it said reboot my phone then I installed super user ..it just worked
  10. TunaLobster

TunaLobster New Member

Just want to know if there has been any further developments
  11. thatb1tch

thatb1tch Member

I was hoping someone would know how to go about getting custom recovery on this phone by now :(
  12. zot2007

zot2007 Member

What version of Poot did you use? I've been unable see anything on the white log screen, let alone root it. This ZTE Fury is driving me mad. Rooting is a pain, and I'm doubting there's a nice ROM for it either =(
  13. ParanoidX2

ParanoidX2 New Member

ZTE fury. Attempted Root with Poot. 2 versions Same issue with both.
    freezes after ( press here to poot) is tapped . must remove battery to recover. Status white screen doesn't display anything.
    any help would be appreciated.
    willing to try anything
    thanks.
  14. TunaLobster

TunaLobster New Member

An update of my progress,

I have attempted many ways to get this thing rooted. I have 10 months left on this contract or aka 10 months of poking at it.

I have tried psneuter, zergRush, SuperOneClick, and a few others all to no avail. I believe this phone has issues is due to the 2.3.6 version of Android locking down most of the exploits these programs use. I looked at CWM Recovery and then looked at making an update.zip for this phone but could not get my bootloader to kick in. I tried doing it manually through ADB and could not get the limited linux there is to allow me to add the proper files in the proper places.

That is where I am at. I keep reading that is that if 2.3.6 phones were taken back to 2.3.4 and rooted at that point and then sent back to 2.3.6 the root would most likely hold.

If anyone sees any other methods that might work post them here and I'll take a look.
  15. smartmanvartan

smartmanvartan Well-Known Member Contributor

This is a really old thread but if anyone is rooted i could really use a backup of your stock recovery... It may help you not only get CWM on this phone but also ICS... send me a pm if you can help... :)
  16. jimsmith80

jimsmith80 Well-Known Member

If you can provide me ´╗┐the with your partition table. I should be able to get you rooted
  17. dvazquez4y

dvazquez4y New Member

I would like CWM and ICS on this device.

Also, I would like to know if there is any unroot options. Anyone know?
  18. kocoman

kocoman Active Member

bump any updates on rooting? you can use the "touchscreen" from n860 for this phone (6 pins)
  19. smartmanvartan

smartmanvartan Well-Known Member Contributor

20. loper324

loper324 Member