How do I save a picture rec'd in a text?Support

Last Updated: 2011-09-23 16:40:57
  1. duvallite

duvallite VIP Member VIP Member

Is there some way to save a picture that is received in a text message? My niece sent me some pictures of her new baby, and I'd like to save them on my phone, both for my own viewing and also so I can send them out to other people. I've tried, but can't figure out how to save the pictures. Anybody know how to do this on the Optimus V?

Advertisement
  2. weddle

weddle Well-Known Member

Long press on the picture till a menu pops up and select "save image" or "save attachment" I don't remember which one it is at the moment, but that's it
    duvallite likes this.
  3. duvallite

duvallite VIP Member VIP Member

I always seem to forget about using the "long press", except when putting a shortcut or widget on one of my screens. I remember reading somewhere that in regards to Android phones, "the long press is your friend". Guess I'll have to make that my new mantra. Thanks weddle.
  4. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

I had no idea about long press when I first got my Optimus. I found it one night when I dozed off while doing something and left my finger on the screen.
  5. weddle

weddle Well-Known Member

No problem. I remember when I first got it I couldn't figure out how to save pictures either lol I was pissed. I remember thinking "what kind of smartphone can't save pictures!?" Except with a tad more profanity lol
  6. lizm

lizm Well-Known Member

Long press on Android is like right-click in Windows - indispensable context menus :)
  7. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

Perhaps it's just the geek in me, but I did. The first night I had my phone the very first thing I did was open the user manual... then freaked because the text was so small. Googled for it and downloaded the user manual in pdf format and read the darned thing till my eyes bled.