How do I save a picture sent from email?Support

Last Updated:

1. Dell

Dell Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I can download and view the picture, but when I long press it nothing happens. Any ideas??

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

moved to support and troubleshooting

3. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

In gmail, I have a buttons below the pic that say "download" and "preview", click download and I can view it in the gallery and it saves in the download folder.

In hotmail, I have a green down arrow, when I touch it, it downloads and I can view it in the gallery linked from hotmail, but I have not clue where or if it actually saves. When I leave hotmail, it is not in the gallery and I can't find the file anywhere on the sd card (ongoing problem I can't figure out)
    http://androidforums.com/droid-x-support-troubleshooting/172943-can-someone-help-me-sd-card.html

Xvarria likes this.
  4. Dell

Dell Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I figured out some of it, but not all. I downloaded the email and before I open the picture where it says its downloaded I long pressed on that and it gives me an option to save. So I press save and that's where I get confused. I am given a list of places I am supposed to save it to like: preinstall, tmp, pds, cdrom, sqlite_stmt_journals, config and many more. I dont know what any of those mean except the one that says "sdcard: so I click that one, then I have more options like the ones below - but different - I click images, then I have one choice that says "desktop" I click that. Then I click a check mark at the bottom. Then it sends me back to my orginal window with the picture that says its downloaded. I am assuming its saved somewhere I just dont where or better yet how to retrieve it. It is not in my images under camera. Please advise what the hell to do, very confused.

thanks