::How Do I Save An Image That Has Been Sent To me (MMS)?::Support

Last Updated:

1. honugirl

honugirl Active Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone figured out how to save a pic from a mms message. I know if u get a email it let's u down load then it saves it from there. Just can't figure out. Any tips....... anyone :)

Advertisement
  2. sylo88

sylo88 Member

I really don't think it's possible to do that yet.

3. pestilence

pestilence Well-Known Member

People have been saying the only way is to forward the mms to your gmail account and the save it.

4. Dzeimsas

Dzeimsas Member

Labas-

I hope I am just overlooking the obvious but I cannot for the life of me save an picture from an MMS into my photo library... I click on the picture once and it blows it up full screen and if I hold down that particular message it gives me the option to (View, Call, Forward, View Details, and Delete). Is there any way to save it to my library so I can save it?

Thank you in advance! :)

-Viso

5. zewm

zewm Member

Did you try long pressing the picture?

6. Dzeimsas

Dzeimsas Member

Yes I did... When I "long press" the photo that is when I get the options for (View, Call, Forward, View Details, and Delete). I have really tried everything... Im not sure it is possible. Im going to look in the phone settings and see if there is something in there... Thanks!

7. Dzeimsas

Dzeimsas Member

Yes... I am dealing with the same issue... I posted another thread earlier today, I just seen this one though, so far that is the only annoying issue... kind of sucks if you have to forward it to your gmail account... i wanna save it to my phone dang it! ;)

8. Syrax

Syrax Well-Known Member

This is a known problem with the G1, The only work around for now is to forward the message as an email to you gmail and then download it to the SD card

9. Dzeimsas

Dzeimsas Member

Well... That seems like quite the manual process... We need automation! :) Hopefully they will get that corrected in the next few updates or so. Thanks man!

10. torrye

torrye New Member

Someone sent me a picture in a text message and I can't save it. Does anyone know how or know if that is a function. I'm getting frustrated. I like the phone but simple things like saving a pic shouldn't be an issue. :confused:

11. 66batman

66batman Member

Well, the funny thing is, when I forward the message to my gmail acount all I get is blue question marks and no picture. So, I send it to my yahoo account and it work nicely, I was able to save it from there. How lame is that! Can't even save images through google, have to go to through another source to do it. I hope they get their act together soon!

David

12. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

Yeah, hopefully Google has been seeing all these complaints and implements a save option in a future OS build.

13. StarLog

StarLog Well-Known Member

I cannot even figure out how to forward the current mms to my email account.

When I look at the one with the pictures there is no option to forward.

Any help is appreciated.

14. shivers316

Long press on the area surrounding the pic and a menu will pop up with forwarding as an option.

15. StarLog

No long press around the picture area does nothing but bring up a pause start time line. no action no joy.

16. Scottdroid

Scottdroid Active Member

Yeah, I don't know why, but I can't long press MMS pics anymore either. It used to work but now you have to scroll up to it with the trackball and long press the trackball. Does the same thing as the screen long press method.

17. StarLog

Sctoo, thanks that worked, but my email never arrived at gmail or my perrsonal mail. oh well will have to be patient for a newer release I have RC30.

18. joerod77

joerod77 New Member

66Batman, I noticed that very thing myself. I'm able to forward to my gmail, and I click the "show pictures" button, and it never loads the image, just the same blue question marks. Hopefully, another OTA will resolve this issue, it kinda defeats the purpose.

19. SpoonyGSR

SpoonyGSR New Member

Yepp... thats exactly whats going on with me.

20. shivers316

Don't long press the pic, long press the area around the pic in the message itself.

Edit: also it won't work if you forward it to your gmail. It has to be forwarded to one of your POP accounts if you have one set up.

21. STORM3333

STORM3333 Well-Known Member

Will be in the corner waiting for the answers updates or whatever!

22. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

worked for me, I forwarded it to gmail, it popped up a second later and was able to download to the phone, no problems.

23. Dzeimsas

Dzeimsas Member

...Yeah, unfortunately the only solution right now is to "long press" on the area around the picture that was sent to you and then one of the options will be to Forward. Then just forward the pic to any email address, preferably your Gmail account.

Hopefully they will correct this issue in a future OS update.

24. StarLog

Well, it worked, my gmail was received 24 hours laterr, whats up with that.?
    Also the same email was sent to my personal home email and work email just to test, and it also arrived 18 to 24 hours later.

The smtp servers must have ahd a problem.

I am happy atleast we have a workaround even if it is like using a commodore. lol

25. erbal210

erbal210 New Member

there is now a save mms app!