How do I save my google contacts to the sim card?

Last Updated:

1. m4r10

m4r10 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I saved some phone numbers on gmail and synced them to my phone. How do I transfer them to the sim card?

Advertisement
  2. slabman

slabman Member

m4r10, I have an even more basic question...how do I sync those contact listings from Gmail to my phone? I can't seem to make this happen...or even syncing from phone to Gmail. Can you explain how to do this, please?

3. m4r10

m4r10 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

All I did was open Gmail on my computer and clicked on contacts/add to my contacts, and add a name and phone number. Then I went to accounts and sync in the app drawer on the vibrant and tapped the google account then choose sync contacts. It works the same way for calendar.I figured it was easier than doing it on the phone. But it's not saved on the sim card. I don't even know if there is any real need to save it to the sim card but just to be safe.

4. slabman

slabman Member

I worked! Thanks, man. I have tried that method before and neve had any luck, so something might be different now...I'll take it.

As for saving contact info, I've saved my contacts from Gmail onto another drive by simply going to "file", then "export" and "address book archive". I imagine you could then mount the phone as a drive and move this data to the simm card, but why bother if it's on your computer drive?