How do i save routes on Google MapsSupport

Last Updated:

1. foxahmed

foxahmed Member

I use my Google Map to navigate to places and was wondering if there is a way to save routes on the google map? or if not is there an alternative software that can do this?

Advertisement
  2. foxahmed

foxahmed Member

so i take it this cannot be done?
  3. lkosova

lkosova Well-Known Member

Next best thing that I can tell is that it does save the locations from start to end per se, so just reentering those will bring up your route rather quickly.

That is how I use it and it works very well,

Larry
  4. DarkTLRrider

DarkTLRrider Well-Known Member

Also you can save the destination as a contact. 1) In Google Maps>menu>search>(enter address or name of business)>search>press and hold on address>select save as contact. Next time you need to go there Menu>directions>(press small box to right of line one)>select current location>(press small box next to line 2>select contact>select contact from list>(press)Route.
  5. lkosova

lkosova Well-Known Member

I think that is what I meant???? I think it saves the locations automatically. It seems to do that with mine but now I will have to go check it out on the interface.

Thanks,

Larry
  6. foxahmed

foxahmed Member

thank you people!!
  7. jingalingalong

jingalingalong New Member

How to save a 10 mile radius around your current search area

Enable the Google Maps Labs Map Pre-caching:
    1. Open Google Maps android app on your phone
    2. Tap Menu button > More... > Labs > Precache map area
    3. Now when you search for a location, click on the map label that appears
    4. In the location view that appears, tap Menu button
    5. Tap Precache map area

Bingo. You can now view 10 miles around the current area offline.

This may also be relevant: code.google.com/p/big-planet-tracks/wiki/HowToSaveGoogleMapsForOfflineUseOnAndroid
    MC0NRAD8 likes this.
  8. clp1000

clp1000 New Member

This is perfect, apart from these precached areas are lost when the phone is re-booted. Is there any way I can stop this - Sony Xperia Ray on Gingerbread
    MC0NRAD8 likes this.