how do I see the % battery life left?

Last Updated:

1. fishbear1

fishbear1 New Member This Topic's Starter

I can see my green battery icon at the top next to the time, but I'm reading folks who are saying they have a certain % of battery life left....are you estimating, or is there somewhere I can see this? Or is it an app? Or are you all rooted?

signed,
    confessed newbie overwhelmed by possibilities trying to configure it all out.

thanks.

Advertisement
  2. mattcoz

mattcoz Well-Known Member

3. NovaFox238

NovaFox238 Well-Known Member

fishbear1 likes this.
  4. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

or Spare parts from the market. Great app that'll show you everything you wanted to know about your battery, and what's been using it.

5. fullcity

fullcity Active Member

I like vizbattery myself.

6. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

I and some others have found that the battery drained faster after installing HTC battery widget. Not saying "don't install", just something to keep an eye on.

7. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

I like BatteryLife widget. It gives you battery % and also a temp reading in farenheiht, which is useful if you are charging while running apps at the same time.

8. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

I had this same problem. Installed the HTC Battery Widget, and after two days the battery drain was very bad. This after I turn the phone off each night, and plug in the charger, turning it on again in the morning. So I uninstalled the widget. Only thing I ununstalled. Battery returned to "normal". Several weeks later, I thought I would try it again. Re-installed the HTC battery widget, and this time, there is no extra battery drain. Been using it a couple of weeks now. I am not rooted. Weird!

9. thatjerk

thatjerk Well-Known Member

I have not experienced noticeable battery drain when using the HTC battery widget. I installed it the day it became available on the market.

Alternatively you can go into your Hero's settings menu and select "About phone" then select "Status". From there you can view a battery bar measured out in tenths (10%, 20%, 30%... and so on).

Personally I dig the HTC battery widget. :cool:

10. stinky

stinky Well-Known Member

+1.

11. pwrmedia

pwrmedia Well-Known Member

If you've already d/l'd the "Spare Parts" app, do yourself a favor and d/l "dg Quickcut" as well. You can then create a desktop shortcut for "Battery Info", which tells you %, temp, battery health, time since boot, etc. No need to worry about extra battery drain, all of that information is obviously running in the background regardless of a widget press....

12. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

DON'T INSTALL A BATTERY WIDGET! I had HORRIBLE battery life after installing the HTC widget!

13. jeremylobaugh

jeremylobaugh Well-Known Member

I am partial to "BatteryLife". It is a 2x1 widget, but it's free, it shows you percentage, voltage, temp, and battery health. The trigger points for the different colors are adjustable.

[​IMG]

^^Get it from the market Here ^^

14. Tinwoodsman

Tinwoodsman Active Member

No problem for me with the HTC widget.

15. NewShockerGuy

NewShockerGuy Well-Known Member

Yea the battery widgets sucks!

Get Battery Indicator. Shows in the status bar and only changes once the battery changes then the process goes back to sleep.,

I used the HTC widget and when I switch from that to this was quite surprized at how my battery didn't drain so much.

-Nigel

16. tazcollins

tazcollins Well-Known Member

17. lildegregs22

lildegregs22 Well-Known Member

HTC Battery widget 2x1 on your homescreen is very glitchy rarely ever works constantly.

18. thatjerk

thatjerk Well-Known Member

Just switched from HTC Battery Widget to battery indicator. I will let you all know if I notice a increase in battery life.

19. ninjamike78

ninjamike78 New Member

My choice too.

Also, not only are the trigger points adjustable, so are the colors themselves ;)

20. JB in AZ

As I mentioned earler, I have had a varying expeience with the HTC Battery Widget. I think I have figured it out! I installed it a few weeks ago, and immediately noticed the phone had a higher awake %. So after a short while, I uninstalled it. The awake time got much better. I tried it again , and the awake time was fine! FYI, this time, the widget was placed on a secondary screen.

Hmmm...

Last night, I rearranged some icons on my screens, and moved the HTC battery Widget to the main home screen, and the awake time started to suffer! (NON rooted, using Sense UI) So, it seems that what screen the widget is on makes a difference in the awake time!?!

I will test this theory by moving it back to the secondary screen, and report back.

Update... I rebooted the phone while the HTC Battery Widget was on the home screen, and the awake time was still very high. I moved the widget to a secondary screen, and the awake time was still high. With the widget on the secondary screen, I then rebooted, and the awake time is now back to normal.

So it seems that widget works fine in regards to awake time when it is on a secodary screen (after a reboot), but not on the home screen. This might explain why there are different reports about it's effect on battery life.

21. JB in AZ

Update a day and a half later. HTC Battery widget still on secondary screen, awake time at 12%...Rebooted this morning (7 hours ago) when I unpluged the Hero from charger. Anyone else experience this?

Also, I notice that Weather Bug Widget (2X1) on my secondary screen only updates when I swipe to that screen. Is this normal for widgets?

22. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

I've noticed this with both the stock clock and weather widgets.

23. oldjackbob

oldjackbob Well-Known Member

Maybe that's a designed-in Android (or Sense) feature, intended as a battery saving measure? ;)