How do i set my SD Card to be the Primary Storage for Everything such as Apps,App Data,Pictures,MusiGeneral

Last Updated:

1. EVOGUY88

EVOGUY88 Well-Known Member

Hi how would i go about setting my the SD Card on my Boost Mobile HTC ONE SV to be the main and/or Primary Storage?????? Such as Apps,App Data,pictures,music (in particular CamScanner images) etc.??????? I already tried going to Storage-App storage location settings-Update all. But Still no Dice and i've now noticed that whenever now since i am on Android 4.0.4 ICS i now have to plug my phone in Via USB and Select "Media sync" to view both the phone storage and the Sd Card but everything gets saved to phone storage which is what i don't want example of some key things i don't want to be stored on phone storage is (CamScanner and CS Images) anyway to fix this??????

does it require a Root? I am currently Unrooted?

I never had to use "Media sync" usb selection or had to store all data on the Phone Storage on my Boost Mobile HTC EVO DESIGN 4G if i am correct?

Sorry for complaining but i cannot believe figuring this out is so hard

2. Firewill10

Firewill10 Well-Known Member

When I put mine in it automatically set as primary. Try to unmount the card then reinstall
  3. Frank The Tank

Frank The Tank Well-Known Member

Honestly I didn't read your post, just the title. But if you go to settings>storage. At the top I think there is a save location. SD or phone.
  4. Mikessv

Mikessv Well-Known Member

The biggest problem is it doesn't work for apps. I started using directory bind to move apps to my SD card.