• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do i set screen brightness back to its default setting?

kurkosdr

Sep 14, 2011
Hi there,

In a moment of stupidity, i changed the brightness setting of my Optimus 2x. Now, whatever brightness setting i try seems either to bright (blacks appear washed out) or too dim. How can i set the brightness back to its factory setting?

Please answer. I its really annoying to have wrong brightness settings, and i really dont want to do a hard reset.

PS: I have the auto brightness adjust set to off (it is off by factory setting)

For me the brightness was on auto by default (Photon). I don't think there is a way to get back to 'default' anyhow, short of resetting the phone.
I was hoping that some member with an optimus 2x (and brightness at default) would retrieve the default value from the settings file (settings have to be stored in a file, right?) and post it here.

Honestly though, the screen is what it is, if it washes out or is too dim now, it's going to be the same way if you reset it to default. You're just paying more attention to it now.
I think my phone has a TFT screen, and on TFTs its all about hitting the balance between bright enough backlight but not too bright so that it washes out the blacks. The backlight (brightness) setting on TFTs matters very much when it comes to picture quality. Most TFTs have the “sweet spot“ value to be full brightness, but my phone‘s screen is apparently an exception

Upvote 0
Now that I have restored the default brightness settings, does anyone know how I can get the numerical value from the settings file, so that if I change the brightness level in the future, I can restore the defaults back?

The default brightness settings are a bit to high for my taste (blacks are a bit washed off), and I intend to experiment a bit, but I would like to have the ability to go back to default (without factory reseting again, lol), just in case I make things worse.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones