How do I set to vibrateGeneral

Last Updated:

1. philboyeee

philboyeee Member

Is there a way to set the Galaxy S2 with ICS, to default to vibrate when I set the phone to silent? When I lower the volume to silent, the phone always goes to mute and I have to go into the sounds menu to set it to vibrate. When I go back to the ring using the volume control on the side, then back to silent, it keeps defaulting to mute.

2. Ikenstein

Ikenstein Well-Known Member

I don't think there is a way to set this. Vibration seems to be independent of the phone volume. However, you can try using a sound profile app to switch vibration on when you set your phone to mute. I personally use Llama but you should research apps to find one that will function how you want.
  3. angel71rs

angel71rs Active Member

Try this: press the power button to activate the screen. Then press and hold the power button till you get a pop up menu. One of the options is silent. This kills the sound and puts it in vibrate.

Mine is still on 2.3.4 cause I like it so much. But it worked for my nephews S3, so might work for you.

Edit: forgot to add, to put it back, bring up menu again and touch silent.
  4. NGD1

NGD1 Well-Known Member

that may work but you should also be able to set it to only vibrate by either pressing volume till it doesn't go down anymore or by configuring it in the sound settings