How do I set voicemail greeting without passwordSupport

Last Updated:

1. icemanjs4

icemanjs4 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I attempt to set my voicemail greeting, it first asks me to set a 4-7 digit password, then hit #. If I hit # without entering digits, it says "# is not recognized".

The user manual clearly states "Sprint recommends you set a password, otherwise anyone who finds your phone can access your voicemail." That implies you don't have to set a password.

So how do I tell it I don't want a password, and let me move on to the greeting recording?

Thanks everyone - this is a very helpful forum here!

Advertisement
  2. MILcityBOI

MILcityBOI Well-Known Member

You can still choose to not use the password. It asks for your password so that if you call from a different line then you can still access your voicemail account. Here is what you do. Go in to setup your Voicemail account and when it asks for your 4 to 7 digit pass then please give a 4 to 7 digit pass. Next option it will ask is if you want to use your password to access your voicemails from your phone...Press 1 to not use your password.....Then it'll ask for your name and personal greeting and you're done. Like I said, the password is just for security purposes and is needed for when you call your phone from another line and hit the # key to access your VM.

icemanjs4 likes this.
  3. icemanjs4

icemanjs4 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Much appreciated. Worked as you said.