How do i setup a calender on the comp and than transfer it to my droid?

Last Updated:

1. mxrider821

mxrider821 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i heard somthing about a "Google Calendar" and somthing about outlook??

i want to type my whole work schedule out on my computer for the month and than somehow transfer it to my phone, i know theres a way how. i just dont know how to exactly do it...

can someone please give me step by step instructions on how to do this and where the download link is for whatever i have to download.

thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. zcast

zcast Member

So assuming you have a GMAIL email address (yourname@gmail.com) which you should already have or was setup for you at the Verizon store....

All you need to do is log onto your gmail account and goto google calendar.

http://www.google.com/calendar/

Once you are logged in, there is your calendar. Just use Google Calendar online to add events, etc... all in the web browser. Then once an event is added to your google calendar, it is pushed to the device in the "Calendar" app that's already on your phone. Assuming the device is setup with a default gmail account and it's the primary account you sync with, every change you make on the device and/or online is immediately changed on the other end.

If for some reason your device isn't synced up with your gmail account on the device, make sure "Sync Calendar" is checked on the account. To do this goto:

Settings>>Accounts & sync and select the gmail account you have. There should 2 or 3 check boxes you can check. (Sync Calendar, Sync Contacts, Sync Gmail). Make sure Sync Calendar is checked.

Also, back out of that menu to the Accounts & sync settings and make sure Auto-sync is checked.

That should cover the basics of how to setup a calendar with Google Calendar online and your phone.

If you intend to use a 3rd party calender application like iCal, Outlook, or Lightning/Sunbird, thats a different story. The main thing I found, is that you need to get your calendar app to sync to google, which then syncs to your phone. At least thats the easiest way for me to get it done correctly.

-Z

3. mxrider821

mxrider821 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thank YOU! it works perfectly :D