How do I stop "applications restored"?General

Last Updated:

1. dewalist

dewalist Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How can I stop Google from restoring the apps I had installed? I wipe my phone and try to start from scratch, but Google keeps re-installing the apps I had installed. I do NOT check the option during setup to sync that data, and I even went as far as uninstalling them all before I did a wipe...but they were still re-installed! How can I stop this from happening?

Advertisement
  2. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

What... How do you start doing that? That would make switching ROMs a lot easier! ;)

3. Scynthetic78

Scynthetic78 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, the only time it's done that to me is when I went from a 2.2 rom to something else (EE) and back to kaosfroyo.

4. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

its a cyanogenmod thing.

5. dewalist

Thanks Andrizoid - I am trying out kaosfroyo so that makes sense...

DDustinn - when going through the initial setup of the device, there's a part where it asks you if you want Google to back up your data. If you do, it tries to sync things (like bookmarks and apps and such) with Google so that if you wipe your phone and reinstall, it will try to put that stuff back onto your phone. It isn't perfect, which is why I don't want to use it...

6. Hiroshika

Hiroshika Well-Known Member

Actually, its a froyo thing.

7. dewalist

I'm fairly sure I saw it in other non-froyo roms...unless it was a feature they brought down to 2.1... I am definitely un-checking the option when I am going through setup (I confirm it later in settings) but it still pushed my apps to me. I hope someone figure out how to stop it from doing that...