• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I stop HTC EVO V 4G auto downloading mp3 files from my PC?

jbflash

Lurker
Dec 14, 2012
When I connect my phone via USB to transfer photos or the like to my PC, it automatically starts downloading mp3 files from the PC to the SD card. I don't want it to do this, but can't figure out why it does or how to stop it. It just recently started doing this. Any help would be appreciated. jbflash :thinking:

When you hook a phone up to your computer via USB, Explorer gives you the option to set certain actions to be performed every time that phone is attached. One of the options is to sync music. I bet that option is enabled for your phone. If you look in the settings you should be able to find a way to clear it - Sorry but I don't recall the exact way to do so (and my computer is currently far away :) )

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones