How do I stop notification/ringtones from showing up in the media player?Support

Last Updated:

1. Kabob

Kabob Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Alright, I've looked around but haven't ever found anything concrete for this. Is there a way to keep my ringtones/notifications off of my default music player? I tried adding a text document called .nomedia as I'd read in a different post with no luck.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. mrsbelpit

mrsbelpit Well-Known Member

I have a vibrant, and I created folders on the sd card called "notifications" and "ringtones" so I could download straight to there. The tones then show up on the stock list.

3. sitlet

sitlet Banned

With Astro, or while connected to a pc, create a file named ".nomedia" without the quotes in whatever folder you dont want to show up.

And FYI, do a search next time, this has been answered MANY times.

4. Kabob

I did search and I tried that and it didn't work, thanks for reading though.

5. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Your supposed to put ringtones under the /media/audio/ringtones directory on your SD card. Those are ignored by the music player.

Jase_Bristol likes this.
  6. Kabob

That's odd, that's exactly where they are but they still show up. Heck, one or two of them show up twice and I have no clue how that happened.