1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

How do I stop push messages?

1. Tydirium

Tydirium Member

Ever since upgrading to custom roms a few months ago, I seem to be susceptible to WAP Push Messages.

These are like text messages but the icon is a little globe with a download arrow and a 'W'. Its basically a text containing a web link. "He ****** Me In My Teen Bedroom! Free" was the last message I got, but without the censorship.

There seems to be no option other than to delete the message, go to the web link or view the message details. (Phone number, time of day it arrived etc.)

Does anyone know how to stop these annoying messages?

Advertisement
    Wong kean keong likes this.
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Which ROM have you installed? It's not a problem I've ever encountered myself, either on stock or third-party ROMs, so I''m unable to offer any advice.
  3. Tydirium

Tydirium Member

I'm currently on VillainROM12.
  4. secretsquirrel

secretsquirrel Well-Known Member

I'm trying to find the answer too - and I've never installed any ROMS. Just using stock gingerbread.

Only the 2nd time I've ever had one but annoying and I'd like to block them if possible?
  5. msdadufalza

msdadufalza New Member

i too have been receiving annoying push messages on my samsung galaxy note. what i did to stop it... i just go to the messaging-settings-push message settings and i simply unchecked the "receive push message from network"...hope this will help.
  6. Tristam15

Tristam15 New Member

Thanks for the reply about stopping network push notifications and messages.

It was very troublesome. No call and sms blocker app could solve this issue. Thanks for this.