• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I stop the "duck murders" while on a call?

mattwill

May 6, 2010
How do i turn off the vibration notification while I am on a call? If I am on a phone call, and I get a text or email, the phone vibrates. I want this feature of course while I am NOT on a call, but while on a call people on the other end of the call have described it as a duck being murdered. I have tested it myself and cant disagree with them.

It is so annoying and loud. Quite frankly on a work call it is unprofessional.

How do i turn off the vibration notification while I am on a call? If I am on a phone call, and I get a text or email, the phone vibrates. I want this feature of course while I am NOT on a call, but while on a call people on the other end of the call have described it as a duck being murdered. I have tested it myself and cant disagree with them.

It is so annoying and loud. Quite frankly on a work call it is unprofessional.

Ahh the Ole Double D issue. Duck Death blows. hehehe.

Upvote 0
I am still struggling with this. EasyProfiles (EasyProfiles (Trial) - Android) has a setting that disables vibrate during calls, which got me really excited, but it doesn't seem to work.

I tried Tasker a few weeks ago, but had trouble finding a way to specify the condition "on a call". My trial for Tasker is expired, but I'd be willing to pay 6 bones if I knew for sure it would resolve my issue.

Upvote 0
Thanks theslik1. I reinstalled Tasker and got it to disable vibrate while "Phone Off Hook"...which is great. But now it won't re-enable the vibrate for emails. I don't want to hijack this thread either, so I'll post this question over in the Tasker thread (though if anyone here cares to answer, I won't object :) ).

Upvote 0
Thanks theslik1. I reinstalled Tasker and got it to disable vibrate while "Phone Off Hook"...which is great. But now it won't re-enable the vibrate for emails. I don't want to hijack this thread either, so I'll post this question over in the Tasker thread (though if anyone here cares to answer, I won't object :) ).

Try setting an exit task "Vibrate on Notify" back to on and see if that gets it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones