How do I stop these ads?Support

1. _-Jay-_

_-Jay-_ Well-Known Member

Since we bought my wife's mopho used, she gets spam ads that are sent to her phone automatically. They show up as a star or plus sign in her status bar and when you click it on the notification pulldown it opens up her browser. Any ideas what could be causing them to POP up? We've never gotten them on any other android we've owned.

Advertisement
    :
  2. KB1616

KB1616 Well-Known Member

Weird, I never had any spam ads come up. What apps do you have installed? I would root the phone, and download some adblocker...

Or you could wipe the phone completely and start fresh...
  3. _-Jay-_

Her phone is rooted. When i look through the 3rd party apps that are installed, nothing looks out of the ordinary.
  4. Skrillex

Skrillex Well-Known Member

Download an adblocker for root, it will block almost 100% of ads. My wife's Nexus S gets the same type of annoying ads since my little boy downloads all these free games. I doubt you'll be able to get rid of them.
  5. Kevets

Kevets Member

There is a thread in the Photon area at xda-developers.com in which someone had the same problem and found it was caused by some app. A quick uninstall and the problem was gone. Maybe try over there... I'll see if I can dig it up.
  6. tiny2nz

tiny2nz Well-Known Member

7. _-Jay-_

I downloaded the airpush detector and It detected something right away named purple hearts live wallpaper. I uninstalled it so i'll let you know if it.happens again. Thanks for the help
  8. tiny2nz

tiny2nz Well-Known Member

no problem a LOT of LWP have Airpush kinda suxx IMHO
    tiny
  9. mikey78

mikey78 Member

download air push detector from the market like they said and it will tell u what app iss allowing the 3rd party advertising!;)
  10. Citizen Coyote

Citizen Coyote Well-Known Member

Addons Detector works well too for identifying rogue push apps, it's what I use. In general, be mindful of free apps that do not include banner ads; they are the most likely culprits for these push ad services.