How do I swap out the screen after purchasing a replacement?Support

1. TrumpetX

TrumpetX Member

I have searched Google, these forums and asked the shady Chinese website that I bought the screen from to no avail.

Anyone have experience swapping the screen out for a new OEM one? Any guides/videos out there?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. TrumpetX

TrumpetX Member

It's no guide, but I eventually figured it out after watching videos of other Samsung phone screen replacements on youtube.

Word of caution:
    The ribbon cable tears easily (I tore mine after I had to reopen it up after replacing the screen due to me not putting some screws in the right spot). Ticks me off, I had it working too :(

Anyway, I ordered a new ribbon cable from China and will give this puppy another go in a month.

Tip:
    The glue for the front of the screen is VERY THICK, use a hairdryer to loosen it up. It took me a good 20 minutes to get the screen off without breaking the plastic because I had to go so slow.
  3. j61101

j61101 Well-Known Member

Does your screen have the movement/dragging issue any more no that its replaced?
  4. TrumpetX

TrumpetX Member

I haven't had a chance to extensively test, but no - I do not believe that the touch sensitivity is fixed.

I only had to replace the outer plastic shell, I did not replace the actual touch screen which sits just underneath the plastic.