how do i switch calls (call waiting)Support

Last Updated:

1. bergovoy

bergovoy Active Member This Topic's Starter

how do i switch calls when i hear the BEEP

Seems my screen goes blank when i hold the phone up to my face, then takes a couple seconds to illuminate the dial pad, but the only button i see is to ADD CALL... i want to switch between or back and forth...

thanks

bill

Advertisement
  2. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

Are you using WidgetLocker?

When I had WL installed, I was unable to switch between calls after one of the updates so I disabled it. Now when I am on a call and another comes in, I wait until the screen comes on, see the option to Answer or Ignore. If you answer, you should then see a green "Swap Call" button to go back and forth between the two.

3. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

When your display turns back on, there should be a large button in the middle of the screen which states "SWITCH CALLS". That's the only way I know of to flash calls.

4. bergovoy

bergovoy Active Member This Topic's Starter

i dont see that option to SWAP CALLS.... not sure if i am taking too long to get to that screen, as i usually wait a second or two, and ask the other party to hold while i check the other line, then tilt the fone and wait for the display to illuminate, then all i see is the keypad, or the ID/info of the person i am originally talking with...

I will try to look quicker next time to make sure...

5. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with waiting too long. If you are on one call, get another call, that option should always display (assuming your display is illuminated). Sometimes I've hung up with one party, but the phone doesn't know that and it stays there until I end both calls. Like I said earlier, WidgetLocker screwed mine up, but if you don't have that, then you may want to reboot or, as a last resort, pull the battery.

6. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

You sure you are getting another call, or are you getting a text or email and think it's another call, or do you have some sort of in call notification going like Call Connect, Network Lost tone, or Roaming Tone in the sound settings?

7. cbutcher

cbutcher New Member

I'm having the same issue. I geta beep, tell my current caller to hold and there is no "Switch" or any other button that makes me think it is the right button to touch. I hit the "Green Phone" button and I get the other caller, but it dissconnects the first caller.

This is pretty basic functionality...you'd think they'd have gotten it right.

8. scotthanna

scotthanna Active Member

I've only had my x a few days, but call waiting works fine for me. I hit "answer" to connect to new caller, and 'switch" to go back.

9. bobthebob

bobthebob Active Member

I'm having this same issue - just like cbutcher.

I do have WL installed tho - so perhaps I'll uninstall and see what's what. I seem to remember having this problem even before I installed WL tho.