How do I sync my contacts to their facebook page?

Last Updated:

1. mnicb

mnicb Member This Topic's Starter

Instead of manually getting all these pics for people...can I just sync individual contacts to their facebook?

Advertisement
  2. Intervenient

Intervenient Well-Known Member

My girlfriend is able to do this on her Droid...I've been wondering this question also :/

3. lordmaxx

lordmaxx Well-Known Member

Ok, what you do is on the contacts page, do MENU and Get Friends. If you facebook account isnt already in the list, add it. Select your facebook account and check off everyone you want to merge into your contacts. It will add them automatically if it can, if you get double entries, simply open one of the contacts, MENU and Link contact to the facebook entry...

edit: I would add that I set my facebook contacts to NOT sync, that way I only pull down facebook contacts I actually want in my address book.

4. mnicb

mnicb Member This Topic's Starter

Getting a sync error from facebook, it wont even load past where it shows me the account

5. lordmaxx

lordmaxx Well-Known Member

Hm, got me there then...do you have a data connection? Perhaps go into settings->accounts and add facebook there.

6. lotreaglesfan

lotreaglesfan Well-Known Member

i'm getting the "sync error" sign to... if it helps, i don't have 3g here?

7. BLJones

BLJones Well-Known Member

I have perfect 3g coverage and I get the same thing

8. emuneee

emuneee Well-Known Member

I have this issue as well. It happens on 3G and WiFi.

9. mikerenna

mikerenna New Member

I had the same problem. It eventually worked. My gut feel was that the issue was with the huge number of facebook contacts. was tempted to try it on wifi and see if it made a difference but never got to the. I had to add all my facebook contacts and then delete all the ones i didn't want. Pain in the butt. I never saw a screen that let me select individual ones. New problem is how do you add just a single new facebook contact? Same goes for exchange. I sync with exchange. When the account was added it brought my contacts down but does not seem to bring any new ones down. Frustrating. Any ideas anyone?