How do I sync my Google contacts with my Evo?Tips

Last Updated:

1. JohnJSal

JohnJSal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I set up my Google account on my phone but my contacts do not appear in the "People" app. One solution I read was to check if the contacts were stored on the phone itself and not the Google account, however I checked and they are in fact stored under the "Google" option (People > View)

When I click on the sub-option under Google ("Show auto Gmail contacts") then it shows *every* contact I've ever emailed in the "All" list, but it still doesn't show my groups that I've set up in the "My Contacts" list.

So, how do I do this? All I want is for "My Contacts" to sync with my phone, not everything else.

I'm surprised it's this complicated and it doesn't just work immediately.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. JohnJSal

I figured it out. I had to go into my settings and force a sync manually. Contacts was already checked, but for whatever reason it didn't sync until I made it.

3. JohnJSal

Ok, related question: in Google Contacts (on the website) there is one big box to type in addresses. But the Evo splits it up into street, city, state, zip code, etc. However, when syncing from Google Contacts, the Evo puts all the address information into the first box (street name) and the other boxes are empty. Is there a way to fix this, or is it just how it is?

4. fllandshark

fllandshark New Member

I am a BB user and this was one of the deal killers for me because I need the full address not just everything on one line. I found DejaOffice, this is a free app and is great. WOrks just like BB and Outlook, dont forget to sync both with the phone and your account and you will be up and running in no time.

5. JohnJSal

Well, apparently there is an HTC app that let's you sync with Outlook, so that might fix the problem. But i was hoping to use Google contacts instead