• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I synch my contacts in Gmail?

NinerBikes

Jan 28, 2012
I'd like to be able to accumulate a list of contacts on my Gmail account, synch it to my Galaxy S2, and then be able to send emails from my smart phone.

Any suggestions how to do this? I am rooted, and have Kies. Sorry I am such a noobie to smart phones, I have lots to learn and this doesn't seem so intuitive. Or should I just do a Google search?

thanks in advance.

Hi guys, I am a new member, I used my personal gmail account to sync my Samsung galaxy s2 mobile when first started it. Now I have a gmail account I wanted to use for my mobile solely. would it be possible doing that without loosing/erasing the downloaded things I put in the mobile?

When you first entered your personal gmail address for that phone, the phone became registered to that account for both contact sync'ing and Google Play (The Market) for apps. While it's pretty simple to move the contacts from one gmail account to another, and add a second gmail account to the phone, it will remain registered to the first account.

The only way to remove the original gmail account and replace it with a new one is to perform a full data reset. You will lose any apps you've installed as well as reset all the configurations back to stock. Personal data stored on the sd card should not be affected, but it's always a good idea to back it up before you do anything. Also, you should back up your SMS messages if they are important for you to save. A reset will delete those as well.

Upvote 0
All you really need to do is to make sure your contacts are Google contacts and not Phone contacts. Once you have moved them to Google contacts, they will automatically sync to the gmail account that the phone is registered to.

Hi Can you perhaps tell me how to change my Phone contacts to be Google contacts? I've tried so many things but would dearly like to have my contacts sync to my gmail account.

Upvote 0
I'm interested in knowing how to change a contact from phone to Google as well.
I have explored the settings menu and the closest thing I've found was joining contact groups but not changing an actual contact type.

This could of course be due to my inability to see something that's right in front of me but a point in the right direction would be swell.

Yes, I use the word swell :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones