1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

How do I take a picture of my screen?Support

1. cm123

cm123 Member

so i am completely new to this. the TB is my first smartphone and i figured out the basics, but still stuck on a few things. i've read in this forum on how to do screenshots, but i don't understand how to download and do all that (it's like reading a foreign language to me, even tho i've been trying to keep up with all your great info in these forums). isn't there a way just to take a picture of my screen with the phone itself? thanks in advance :)

Advertisement
  2. fillyo

fillyo Well-Known Member

Most screen shot apps require root. You can through ADB, but I can't help you there!
  3. cm123

cm123 Member

what's ADB?
  4. dyezak

dyezak Well-Known Member

Your question prompted me to figure this out. I got it working, so here goes:

1. Download Android's SDK - HERE
    2. Unzip the SDK to the root of C:
    3. Download the HTC Sync tool - HERE
    4. Install the HTC Sync tool (you really only have to install the pre-requisites). This installs the T-Bolt ADB drivers.
    5. Prep your phone for an ADB connection.
    6. Go To Menu>Settings>Applications>Development and check the "USB Debugging" option
    7. Connect your phone to your computer via USB
    8. Launch a command prompt
    9. CD over to c:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\ and run ddms.bat
    10. Now in the java window that pops up select your phone
    11. Go to Device>Screen Capture

There is your screenshot.
    Shhh and McLabia like this.
  5. red66charger

red66charger Well-Known Member

I think I have a better shot attempting brain surgery...
  6. dyezak

dyezak Well-Known Member

If those directions are difficult...I don't want you operating on MY brain...;)
    McLabia likes this.
  7. gsxrjohnny

gsxrjohnny Active Member

Is there a Sync tool for Mac?
  8. Nor*Cal

Nor*Cal Well-Known Member

That was funny...

I think I would just take a picture of the screen with my digital camera. A lot easier.
  9. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Well-Known Member

it looks a lot harder than it really it.
    we had to do the same thing with the droid X for the first week (or couple weeks, I cant remember) until we had root
    if you plan on rooting or running any roms in the future it may not be a bad idea to start getting used to android sdk now and adb now anyway lol
  10. asad126

asad126 New Member

Press your power lock button and your home button at the same time
  11. brtnygrn

brtnygrn Well-Known Member

12. metropolitim

metropolitim Member

That's how it works on iPhone, one of the very, very, very few things I miss about it. It slays me how much harder it is to do screenshots with the Tbolt...which I otherwise really love. Not that it's brain surgery, especially with the No Root version of Screenshot It, but no way it should require so many steps.

Or am I missing something and you really CAN press two buttons at the same time and be done with it? I tried just for grins and it didn't work.....:cool: