How do I take my info off my evoTips

Last Updated:

1. Doomsquadxxx

Doomsquadxxx Member This Topic's Starter

I'm gonna sell my evo, how do I take off my info off the android market..I've tried different things and it's still linked and doesn't ask for no info just purchases apps and charges my card..I have the phone rooted I just want all info blank and leave apps and root it already has..any help thanks

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

hrmmm..did you try power on while holding the volume button down and choosing the wipe data factory reset option?

what different things have you tried

3. Doomsquadxxx

Doomsquadxxx Member This Topic's Starter

Will it factory reset even though it's rooted?

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

it should...

i'm going to be completely honest I have had no reason to completely wipe my phone other than when changing roms... and in those cases I have had to start from scratch and enter my info at the first power on. Until doing so the market doesn't work.

I'm not going to encourage you to make the assumption though. I would wait until morning and see if someone else chimes in on exactly where the market data resides and how to actually completely wipe it.

5. jamesdean

jamesdean Well-Known Member

Just go to settings> SD & phone storage > Factory data reset and set the phone back to factory defaults which would require a log-in to your google account to get back to the market information.

6. RetiredFinally

RetiredFinally Well-Known Member

The market is based on your Google log in so just do the factory reset and do not put in any information should do the trick.