• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how do i THEME A ROM??????????????

brnr17

Android Enthusiast
Dec 30, 2009
Wisconsin
I'm currently running bugless beast V.04 on froyo. Thanks to this great forum i've learned to root. But some of this stuff is hard to understand if you dont know the lingo. I'm trying to find out how to theme this ROM, or any ROM, or if i even can. I just need someone to give me some easy broken down instructions if they would. Thank you

link to theme i'm trying to get.

BLue nex theme and Red nex theme - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

If I understand you correctly, you download the theme of your choice, (in the case of the blue theme it looks like you need to change the extension from ".zipj" to ".zip") place it on the root folder of your SD card, install like a ROM (Minus the wiping action), and GOOOOO!!!!!

If this works, please click "thanks"

how do i change it from .zipj to .zip? is it just renaming?
what is the XML converter they talk about on the site?

Upvote 0
If you're on Windows, you may have to go Control Panel => Folder Options (Not sure exactly where that is) => View => make sure that "Hide extensions for known files types is UNchecked.

Hope this helps, and happy flashing!
okay... i downloaded the blue theme file. I did not see where it needed to be changed to .zip?! i put it on the root and opened rom manager and clicked "install rom from SD card" and then rebooted but i'm not doing something right because it booted into recovery, took about 10 seconds and said it was installed and went back to the recovery mainscreen where i rebooted into normal. Little more help here for MR. Novice i guess please! :)

file name: Calebv2bluenextheme.zip

Upvote 0
okay... i downloaded the blue theme file. I did not see where it needed to be changed to .zip?! i put it on the root and opened rom manager and clicked "install rom from SD card" and then rebooted but i'm not doing something right because it booted into recovery, took about 10 seconds and said it was installed and went back to the recovery mainscreen where i rebooted into normal. Little more help here for MR. Novice i guess please! :)

file name: Calebv2bluenextheme.zip

With RM, there's no need to rename the file (with SPR, every "update" needs to be renamed update.zip), so that shouldn't be an issue. Are you sure it's actually going into recovery when you select the .zip when installing ROM from sdcard? It's been a common problem in Froyo where getting into recovery is an issue. In Clockwork, whenever you install and "update" it will automatically reboot afterwards so I'm not sure what the highlighted text means. Care to elaborate?

Upvote 0
With RM, there's no need to rename the file (with SPR, every "update" needs to be renamed update.zip), so that shouldn't be an issue. Are you sure it's actually going into recovery when you select the .zip when installing ROM from sdcard? It's been a common problem in Froyo where getting into recovery is an issue. In Clockwork, whenever you install and "update" it will automatically reboot afterwards so I'm not sure what the highlighted text means. Care to elaborate?

yes i was in recovery with clockworkrecovery. i selected the file to install from sd card, then it went to the screen where all the files flash with the scrolling % bar at the bottom while it installs the rom, it was at that screen for about 10seconds then stopped and said it was done and gave me the "OPTION" to reboot.

on a second note, i decided to try a different theme linked below, downloaded to root of sd card, booted into recovery, install from sd card, installation complete, selected reboot from the menu, and i've been at the scrolling red eye for 11 minutes now :(

928Droid "Black Glass" 2.2.BB.0.4 UPDATE.ZIP Theme
For for Bugless Beast v0.4 ONLY!
Download Link: 928DroidBlackGlass2-2-BB-0-4-update.zip (rename to update.zip)

from

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-2-froyo-update-zip-metamorph-back-stock.html

edit: battery pulled and power up and now it worked ... still need to get that first one going though. It's like it's not actually installing

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones