1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

How do I transfer contacts myself? Need answer asap.Support

1. TAWM

TAWM Well-Known Member

Silly question probably but I'm wanting to purchase another S3 for my wife for Christmas. By keeping it a surprise I cannot take her captivate in and transfer numbers so I would have to do it myself. Is it going to be painless? Hopefully I can get answer soon as my window for getting it is today. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Are they Google Contacts on the captivate? If yes, when she links her account to the SGS3 (providing it's the same account), they should appear automatically.

Alternatively, there should be an option in the phonebook on the captivate to export contacts to a csv file. If you do that, copy to the csv to the SD Card, you should be able to import that into the SGS3 phonebook.
    damewolf13 and TAWM like this.
  3. TAWM

TAWM Well-Known Member

I thought they were Google contacts maybe they weren't. I synched all contacts with Google going that when I signed in her new phone with Google that they would be there....they weren't. Tried to send to the CVS file but it wanted to send using email, no option to put on card. So I emailed to same Gmail and opened and saved on new phone. Presto...it's in there. Thanks
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Glad you're sorted. Hope she likes per present and you have a great day. :)