How do I transfer files between 2 OEs?Support

1. Murf1

Murf1 Well-Known Member

My wife and I both have Optimus Elites. She doesn't want a google/gmail account so she cannot use the Play store.

I'm wanting to copy my free apps. (and pictures). Can't I just copy the APK's to her phone and install them on there?

What is the easiest or best way to transfer files from mine to her's.

thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. bubalashkka

bubalashkka Well-Known Member

to transfer apk's you can place your google account on her phone and go to your downloaded apps tab and re download them or quickly set one up for her,

for pictures you can enable usb debugging and use your sync cable to transfer the photos (mass storage) into your computer and place them into her phone
  3. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Well-Known Member Contributor

try using the Bluetooth settings in both phones to sync them up together. be sure unknown sources is on in both phones. then Bluetooth the apps over and install them from sdcard.
  4. Murf1

Murf1 Well-Known Member

I was looking for a Phone-to-Phone way, but thanks. I'll keep that in mind.
  5. Murf1

Murf1 Well-Known Member

Thanks. Do I just turn on Bluetooth on both phones and they will automatically detect each other or do I have to do some action to initiate the detect and sync?
  6. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Well-Known Member Contributor

pretty much turn them both on Bluetooth,then an option to allow them to connect to each other.
  7. Artine

Artine Well-Known Member Contributor

Once you have the phones seeing each other via bluetooth, download and run Bluetooth File Transfer from the play store. With that, you'll be able to send files to each other, phone to phone, a la bluetooth.

Alternatively, you could always go with Dropbox.
    Murf1 likes this.
  8. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

she doesn't need a google gmail account, just input your email and account info into her play store settings.
    Murf1 likes this.