1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

How do I transfer files from my mac to my Droid X2?Support

1. fastpicker89

fastpicker89 Well-Known Member

I don't yet have an SD adapter. Just got an X2.

When I plugin to my X2 to my mac, I get a CD image appearing in my HD. I can't add any files to it, and even if I could I don't know where to put them. There is no Mount option. The other option don't do anything either.

I am trying to add my Gameboid BIOS file to the SD card so I can use it. What can I do?

Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. MrDrumngun

MrDrumngun Member

Did you select the option on the phone to mount as a USB drive? It should appear in your status bar. If you pull it down you can select this option.
  3. JEcht

JEcht Well-Known Member

DO you have to enable USB debug mode? or is it disable debug mode?
  4. fastpicker89

I have to say I'm pretty new at this... it's my first smartphone. Could you perhaps unravel that process for me?
  5. fastpicker89

I don't see this option. All I see are:

PC Mode
    Windows Media Sync
    USB Mass Storage
    Charge Only

I've tried all of these. All I get is a CD image, and two disk images named "MOT" with random files on my desktop.
  6. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

USB Mass Storage is what you're looking for. You have to mount (i.e enable USB mass storage) the SD card before you can do anything with it.
    jroc likes this.
  7. dguy

dguy Well-Known Member

You set the phone to USB Mass storage, then a disc drive should show up for your computer exactly the same way a USB flash drive would. Then you can manipulate files however you want. After you are finished, make sure you set the phone back out of usb mass storage.
  8. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

If none of that works out and your mac is on a network, set up a samba share of a folder. Then on the phone install es file explorer and map that folder on the phone. then you can copy and move files between the two. It's complex if you are not used to setting up network shares.