• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I transfer music to my phone?

jennay22

Apr 19, 2010
VA
I've been at this for about 2 hrs trying to figure out how to transfer music to my phone. Do I need ADB to do it? I just want to drag and drop music to the sd card and I just can't seem to figure it out. It was so easy with my droid. Someone please help me get music into my TB. Thanks.

I've been at this for about 2 hrs trying to figure out how to transfer music to my phone. Do I need ADB to do it? I just want to drag and drop music to the sd card and I just can't seem to figure it out. It was so easy with my droid. Someone please help me get music into my TB. Thanks.

I'm surprised you haven't read any other threads yet. To transfer music, plug your Tbolt in to your computer. look at the phone as a menu should pop up asking you what to do. it will list a few options but the one you want is 'Disk Drive' afterwards go to my computer, or Macintosh HD and click on the untitled SD card or the potentially titled one rather. from there simply drag and drop music files to the card and safely eject. Done!

Upvote 0
I did all that and still could not find my sd card. That's what I don't get. It kept asking me to download ADB with Internet Connection Mode and I know that's not what I need to do. I know this should be easy. I consider myself fairly knowledgeable when it comes to "simple" things like this, but I"m feeling like a complete noob (no offense :) ) It could be my crappy HP laptop that sucks, but it has all my music. I'll try our desktop and my husbands laptop next. Wish me luck.

Upvote 0
Got it work on our desktop, yay! It just doesn't have any music on it since I keep it all on my laptop. I'm going to try it with my laptop again and see what happens, sigh. I guess if it still doesn't work with my laptop, I can use the 4 gb usb flash drive I just got to transfer some music. Back to work I go.....

Upvote 0
Got it work on our desktop, yay! It just doesn't have any music on it since I keep it all on my laptop. I'm going to try it with my laptop again and see what happens, sigh. I guess if it still doesn't work with my laptop, I can use the 4 gb usb flash drive I just got to transfer some music. Back to work I go.....

actually...i wouldn't go through the trouble of downloading them on your laptop. download this app called 'Music Wizard' and download any songs you want easily.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones