How do I turn off 3G in my SB2

Last Updated:

1. Bendev

Bendev New Member This Topic's Starter

I dont have a data package, I use net only through WIFI. I think my phone is still searching for 3G network and eating up my betery life, it doesnt last more than a day. Is there any way to turn off the 3G or any other way to improve my battery life ? Its a new phone, only a week old.

Thanks,
    Bendev

Advertisement
  2. culo77

culo77 Well-Known Member

in the market download 2g/3g widget by curve fish.

its free and a quick short cut to the settings to turn off 3g

3. culo77

culo77 Well-Known Member

also give it time, after two calibrations of the battery and a few weeks the battery life get way better

4. NowVoyager

NowVoyager Well-Known Member

Warning: Humorous Post. Not intended for solutions, negativity, nor finding Big Foot. Barring the aforementioned...read on:

How To Get Rid Of 3G My Way - Well, if you're on Tmo...just switch rooms...or change positions... I lose 3G all the time...It would be great if this was something I wanted, LOL... Perhaps we should switch houses? j/k...but not really! Hope you find the solution. If someone moves out on my block, I'll let you know. You can practically guarantee no 3G in your bedroom...the living room with Eastern exposure is up for grabs...Its mostly 3G but it's Edgy around the perimeter. :)

5. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

How did you calibrate the battery?

6. culo77

culo77 Well-Known Member

i dont know if i am using the right word "calibrate" or is it "condition" or something other.

its when you drain your battery to where it wont even turn on anymore. then charge it 2 or more hours after its says fully charged.

7. jasonnguyen

jasonnguyen Member

i did not work for bh2, after i installed it, it wrote error when I try to launch it

8. culo77

culo77 Well-Known Member

its a widget, so on a home screen you need to long press a open spot select widget and it should be the first one there, select it.

now its a icon on the desktop/homescreen just tap it and it will open