• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how do i turn off annoying voice notification "no service:?

Many thx androidcheckstand..........but my phone does not have a Network Lost Tone option. However, I did hit (under sound settings) volume and then killed the notification volume slider bar. It seems to have stopped the annoying message but I'm not sure if I have also killed some necessary notifications???

Upvote 0
I know I'm replying to a pretty old thread here but this was one of the results that I found when I was searching for a solution to these loud service notifications and I like these forums in general. I figured I'd post the solution I found in case other seekers are led to this thread as I was.

Like russ123 I had no "Network Lost Tone" option. Unlike russ123, when I set my notification slider all the way down this service notification would still come through incredibly loud on my phone.

There is an option named ERI (Enhanced Roaming Indicator) under
Homescreen Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile networks

Unchecking it should turn off the "Loss of Service"/"Verizon Wireless" audio notification.

Enhanced Roaming Indicator sounds like a nice option to select by the name of it. I wish it had come with a warning that all it really does is blast a loud message no matter your notification volume whenever your service status changes. It's definitely a relief to not have to keep my phone on vibrate all the time just to avoid blasting "Verizon Wireless" and "Loss of Service" whenever I go into large buildings with poor reception.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones