how do i turn off gps?Support

Last Updated:

1. nastynazz

nastynazz Active Member This Topic's Starter

i have the circle with a cross icon shown above on my connect. does that mean gps is on? how do i turn on and off gps?

Advertisement
  2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Go to settings -> location -> and uncheck GPS satellites... unless lg is different since I haven't used an lg phone in a while

Jay Gloab likes this.
  3. dslaven

dslaven Active Member

The icon is for location by network. You can turn it off by going to settings/location and uncheck location by network.

4. chknhwk

chknhwk Well-Known Member

I have an issue with my phone that when I turn off gps by the drop down quick settings the location cross hairs doesn't always go away (I have find my location by wifi and cell towers always disabled) and I have to go into settings, turn it on then turn it off again. Strange, but that's what my phone does sometimes.

5. dslaven

dslaven Active Member

I've noticed the same thing, even with all location settings off. Had to turn location on and back off to remove it.

6. nastynazz

nastynazz Active Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for your help, im curious to see if it on does it consume a lot of battery life?

7. robertkoa

robertkoa Well-Known Member

I don't have a Connect-yet, but wonder about GPS and battery life also- guessing that battery drain is fairly low but since it's continuous with GPS ON, probably adds up after 6 or 8 hours- even a 3% constant drain ....