• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I turn on LED Flash for Alerts on the S3?

php111

Android Enthusiast
Feb 12, 2013
Hey everyone,

Someone had on their iPhone turned on LED Flash for Alerts. I don't see it on my S3 even looking under Accessibility, but I looked on my old iPhone 4 which I don't use anymore and its deactivated to see what they are talking about, and I seen it, but I left it off on my iPhone because I never use the phone anymore since I upgraded to my S3. So, how do I turn on this LED Flash for Alerts on my S3? Or its not possibly on the S3?

I appreciate any help, and thank you!

I don't know how they have it set, but I believe and please correct me when a text comes in then the LED light in the back will flash?

Also, what free app would you suggest to turn it on and how do I turn it on using a free app?

The free version of Light Flow will do it but its notifications (alerts) are limited to a few apps (sms, gmail, etc)
Try the free one first if you have a US phone ;)

Reactions: php111 and Rxpert83
Upvote 0
I should probably add for anyone else reading, LightFlow uses about 1% of my battery as like a constant average.
My tip is, the main power use is caused by the app having to wake the phone to make it flash/change colour. The next biggest use is powering the LED. i set my LED colours to be very dark shades of that colour so it uses less power and also looks sexy. And i set it so that the LED stays constantly lit for a notification. Might sound daft but a constant dark colour is more efficient than a blinking one

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
I should probably add for anyone else reading, LightFlow uses about 1% of my battery as like a constant average.
My tip is, the main power use is caused by the app having to wake the phone to make it flash/change colour. The next biggest use is powering the LED. i set my LED colours to be very dark shades of that colour so it uses less power and also looks sexy. And i set it so that the LED stays constantly lit for a notification. Might sound daft but a constant dark colour is more efficient than a blinking one

Question about the Light Flow app, can you use this to change your notification light from the blue to either the red or green? The red and green are brighter and easier to see from a distance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones