How do I turn on LED Flash for Alerts on the S3?General

1. php111

php111 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,

Someone had on their iPhone turned on LED Flash for Alerts. I don't see it on my S3 even looking under Accessibility, but I looked on my old iPhone 4 which I don't use anymore and its deactivated to see what they are talking about, and I seen it, but I left it off on my iPhone because I never use the phone anymore since I upgraded to my S3. So, how do I turn on this LED Flash for Alerts on my S3? Or its not possibly on the S3?

I appreciate any help, and thank you!

Advertisement
  2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Do you mean the camera flash LED at the back or the coloured LED at the front?
    Both can be controlled with Light Flow app
  3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

I would think that would destroy your battery. :confused:

Use that sparingly.
  4. php111

php111 Well-Known Member

I don't know how they have it set, but I believe and please correct me when a text comes in then the LED light in the back will flash?

Also, what free app would you suggest to turn it on and how do I turn it on using a free app?
  5. funkylogik

Yeah its probably only useful to the deaf. It certainly grabs your attention lol :thumbup:
  6. funkylogik

The free version of Light Flow will do it but its notifications (alerts) are limited to a few apps (sms, gmail, etc)
    Try the free one first if you have a US phone ;)
    php111 and Rxpert83 like this.
  7. php111

php111 Well-Known Member

The person who showned me isn't deaf. Lol. It was a manager for my group home I live in who showed me. How could I turn this on my S3?
  8. php111

php111 Well-Known Member

So, I won't be able to use it 24/7 if I want? I know the iphone could and its not limited. Are there any other free options that won't be limited?
  9. funkylogik

The free version of Light Flow isnt limited by time mate its just limited in the apps it can handle notifications for.
    Theres other LED notification apps but i dont know if they can control the camera flash and LF is probably the most respected. The Dev is a really good guy :thumbup:
    Pookeysgirl and php111 like this.
  10. php111

php111 Well-Known Member

Thank you!
  11. funkylogik

I should probably add for anyone else reading, LightFlow uses about 1% of my battery as like a constant average.
    My tip is, the main power use is caused by the app having to wake the phone to make it flash/change colour. The next biggest use is powering the LED. i set my LED colours to be very dark shades of that colour so it uses less power and also looks sexy. And i set it so that the LED stays constantly lit for a notification. Might sound daft but a constant dark colour is more efficient than a blinking one
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  12. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

So was it the camera flash we were talking about or Tue regular notification LED
  13. funkylogik

OP was talkin about the camera flash i think mate. Ive only used that feature on LF to see if it works lol. i think it would use up a LOT of juice if you had it flashing in your pocket. As far as i know, the camera flash is just a very high current white LED :)
    Pookeysgirl and Rxpert83 like this.
  14. GTWalling

GTWalling Well-Known Member

:eek:He will next be here with, Why is my battery draining so fast?:eek:
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  15. funkylogik

"Its the circle of liiiife" :)
  16. stephen65

stephen65 Well-Known Member

Question about the Light Flow app, can you use this to change your notification light from the blue to either the red or green? The red and green are brighter and easier to see from a distance.
  17. funkylogik

Yeah you can change the LED to evry possible colour using a light grid on LF :)
    S3 has red,green and blue LED in the notification LED so it can make any colour by mixing them at different levels
    stephen65 likes this.