How do i turn screen off during charge?

Last Updated:

1. sunstealer

sunstealer New Member

I hate to ask this, but I cannot seem to find the function anywhere. I think I actually turned it on to begin with. Anyway, I am trying to turn my screen OFF during charges, as of now it just stays on, wasting battery so it charges slow. Help is greatly appreciated.

Advertisements
  2. warrior21

warrior21 Active Member

Just press the power button once on top of the phone and the screen will turn off.

3. sunstealer

sunstealer New Member

Ok, that won't shut off phone though right? Will still get messages and calls?

4. warrior21

warrior21 Active Member

If you just tap the button the screen will go off and on. Once you hold down the button the option to turn off the phone, airplane mode and silent mode will pop up. Just press it without holding it down and you will only turn the screen off and on, depending on what you want to do, and will still receive all your messages and calls.

5. brad03

brad03 Member

I believe the setting you are looking for is Settings>Applications>Development>Stay Awake

Like the others said, if you have this on just tap the Power/Lock button on the top to turn off the screen. I personally have Stay Awake checked because I use my phone as an MP3 Player while in my office so having it up and ready to hit the skip button is nice when I'm not in the mood to hear that particular song.

6. Bxrider11

Bxrider11 Well-Known Member

I have this exact same question, but I want to cut my phone off completely and charge my battery. Is there a way to do that. When I charge my Droid and power it off it just reboots and starts up again.

7. BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver Well-Known Member

Pressing and holding the power button gives you the option to shut off the phone and it remains off. I'm not sure why yours is rebooting.

8. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Because you missed an important part of his post - connected to charger.

If your charger is connected to a power source sufficient enough to charge the DROID then attempting to power off the phone will result in it rebooting, as it is designed to do.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

9. BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver Well-Known Member

You're right and I realized that today when I was at work. I rarely turn the phone off, but I thought I would try it today to see if what was mentioned here would happen.

10. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

It's not a well known fact b/c most people don't power off and charge simultaneously - but when I got this phone I tried it and it rebooted. I thought at first it was random b/c I wasn't associating it with the charger being connected.

I finally read it on here, when back and played, and sure enough, it kept coming on if it had a power course attached.

Not sure why Moto did this, but I do like being able to charge and use at the same time....