• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To How do i turn screen off during charge?

If you just tap the button the screen will go off and on. Once you hold down the button the option to turn off the phone, airplane mode and silent mode will pop up. Just press it without holding it down and you will only turn the screen off and on, depending on what you want to do, and will still receive all your messages and calls.

Upvote 0
I believe the setting you are looking for is Settings>Applications>Development>Stay Awake

Like the others said, if you have this on just tap the Power/Lock button on the top to turn off the screen. I personally have Stay Awake checked because I use my phone as an MP3 Player while in my office so having it up and ready to hit the skip button is nice when I'm not in the mood to hear that particular song.

Upvote 0
I have this exact same question, but I want to cut my phone off completely and charge my battery. Is there a way to do that. When I charge my Droid and power it off it just reboots and starts up again.

Pressing and holding the power button gives you the option to shut off the phone and it remains off. I'm not sure why yours is rebooting.

Upvote 0
I have this exact same question, but I want to cut my phone off completely and charge my battery. Is there a way to do that. When I charge my Droid an

Pressing and holding the power button gives you the option to shut off the phone and it remains off. I'm not sure why yours is rebooting.
Because you missed an important part of his post - connected to charger.

If your charger is connected to a power source sufficient enough to charge the DROID then attempting to power off the phone will result in it rebooting, as it is designed to do.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Because you missed an important part of his post - connected to charger.

If your charger is connected to a power source sufficient enough to charge the DROID then attempting to power off the phone will result in it rebooting, as it is designed to do.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

You're right and I realized that today when I was at work. I rarely turn the phone off, but I thought I would try it today to see if what was mentioned here would happen.

Upvote 0
It's not a well known fact b/c most people don't power off and charge simultaneously - but when I got this phone I tried it and it rebooted. I thought at first it was random b/c I wasn't associating it with the charger being connected.

I finally read it on here, when back and played, and sure enough, it kept coming on if it had a power course attached.

Not sure why Moto did this, but I do like being able to charge and use at the same time....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones