how do i un brick my vibrantSupport

Last Updated:

1. lordmalice

lordmalice Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i have heard that the vibrant can always be fixed but i d k my phone was completly stock b4 tonight i tried the one click lag fix thing now it wont get past the galaxy s splash screen i heard something about odin and some others what is the best way to recover my phone

Advertisement
  2. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

Here are some resources:

UNBRICK your SEMI-BRICKED Galaxy S - Solution - xda-developers

[REF]***Vibrant Directory (Bible)***(9/24/2010) - xda-developers
    [ROM] OFFICIAL T-Mo Vibrant JFD ODIN/Nandroid Backup Images 7/29/10 (Tested/Working) - xda-developers

From what I understand getting the phone into download mode can be a chore, but if you keep at it you'll eventually get there.

I pulled this from another thread on xda:

Getting into download mode the usual way can be a time consuming and frustrating procedure.

By the usual way, I mean holding down VOL-UP & VOL-DOWN, holding POWER, then releasing power when you get a blank screen. I've noticed that I have to at least wait until I cycle through the Vibrant logo screen at least once and release POWER at just the right time to get it to work. Mine is one of the first batch of phones available in the U.S. (July 11th, recieved directly via Fedex from T-Mobile corporate before launch..long story...don't ask lol), but at times it seems as tricky to get into download or recovery mode as some of the newer phones.

The secondary method I use though works every time, and doesn't require the POWER key. Pull battery, hold down VOL-UP & VOL-DOWN, insert battery, while continuing to hold down VOL-UP & VOL-DOWN, insert USB Cable into phone (cable must be plugged to PC beforehand). After a second or two the download screen appears, and you can then release the VOL keys. This is also the only way I've been able to get download mode after seeing the dreaded OMGIBROKEMYPHONE screen (the phone/caution/disk thingy).

I'd also strongly recommend using Odin3 v1.30 instead of Odin3 v1.00. For some reason all of the dev section rom releases use/bundle v1.00, and it gives me loads of problems. It may be related to the quirks of running under Win7 x64, but v1.00 tends to hang more often than it works here.

Odin3 v1.3 can be found here. Odin3 v1.3 - xda-developers

lordmalice likes this.
  3. lordmalice

lordmalice Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i would like to know how to use this odin though if i cant mount the storage what good is odin to me or am i such a noob i dont see the way arround this problem

4. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

I haven't used ODIN yet, but as far as I know it's not looking for the phone's storage per se, just a connection to the phone. Once it has that connection it can write to the phone.

If all else has failed, read up on ODIN and give it a try. You don't have anything to lose and everything to gain.