• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I unblock my caller ID?

kal s

Lurker
Oct 3, 2016
I do free-lance work from home. I make between 80 and 100 calls a day. It dawned on me last week that I probably shouldn't be spreading my cell number all over the country. Dialing *69 before every call is quite tedious so I downloaded a few caller ID blockers to see which one I liked best. Well I found out that people are less likely to answer their phone when they see 'private' or 'blocked' so I deleted the apps. The problem is one of them left some crap behind that is still blocking my number. So now I have to dial *82 before each call to unblock my number to increase the chances of someone picking up. It's just as tedious as what I was initially trying to avoid. Where do I find these leftover files?

My S5 is rooted with towelroot and I'm running 4.4.4 I believe if that makes any difference.

Btw-this is a Verizon S5 so there is no option in settings to turn this on/off. That's why I was messing around with the apps in the first place.

Hope someone can help. Thanks!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones