1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

How do I uninstall fonts from my galaxy s4?Support

1. ShawnLT

ShawnLT Member

So I'm new to android and I got a galaxy s4 two days ago. I downloaded the ifonts app yesterday but my sister said she thinks it's malware and the permissions are incredibly fishy. I uninstalled the app and went into the my files and deleted everything that had to do with the ifonts app but the fonts are still in my settings. I want to delete the fonts that I downloaded from the app and just be done with it. Someone please tell me how to do this.

Also my sister said I should download the antivirus app AVG but I've heard bad things about antivirus apps on Android. Should I download it?

Other than this issue with the fonts I am in love with Android and I could never go back to Apple. Best decision I've made in a while.

Advertisement
    :
  2. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

<Assuming you are unrooted>

Did you reboot your phone? Usually, an uninstall should have gotten rid of everything.

Also, from the app description at play store

(Not sure what the last bit is - do you have individual fonts showing up in your app manager? If so, maybe you have to delete those one by one

Worst case scenario, you can perform a factory reset, and that should get you phone back to how it was when you got it (it will delete all your data, and all apps that you downloaded - basically back to how it was the day you got the phone)
  3. melmmc1403

melmmc1403 New Member

Hey!
    If you go to Settings - More - Application Manager - Downloaded and look through for the fonts you have installed. Then just click on them and uninstall.

Thanks
    Mel
  4. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

I've been using iFont for over a year now. I haven't had any problems. It's not malware. I've used it on my S2 and currently on my Note 3.