• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I uninstall fonts from my galaxy s4?

ShawnLT

Lurker
Apr 3, 2013
USA
So I'm new to android and I got a galaxy s4 two days ago. I downloaded the ifonts app yesterday but my sister said she thinks it's malware and the permissions are incredibly fishy. I uninstalled the app and went into the my files and deleted everything that had to do with the ifonts app but the fonts are still in my settings. I want to delete the fonts that I downloaded from the app and just be done with it. Someone please tell me how to do this.

Also my sister said I should download the antivirus app AVG but I've heard bad things about antivirus apps on Android. Should I download it?

Other than this issue with the fonts I am in love with Android and I could never go back to Apple. Best decision I've made in a while.

<Assuming you are unrooted>

Did you reboot your phone? Usually, an uninstall should have gotten rid of everything.

Also, from the app description at play store

HOW TO UNINSTALL FONTS?&#8232;
- Go to 'Home > Setting > Application > Manage Application'&#8232;- Select font you want to uninstall&#8232;- Follow instructions &#8232;&#8232;copyrights,&#8232;
(Not sure what the last bit is - do you have individual fonts showing up in your app manager? If so, maybe you have to delete those one by one

Worst case scenario, you can perform a factory reset, and that should get you phone back to how it was when you got it (it will delete all your data, and all apps that you downloaded - basically back to how it was the day you got the phone)

Upvote 0
Well, I did have the same problem with iFont. Fortunately my sister likes exploring files and apps, after a whiile she đid those things:
- First, delete your downloaded font on iFont using iFont.
- Delete all of its files.
- Delete iFont
- Reboot phone.
This following step is important and I think it might help. Since she did those two steps but that stupid font is not gone, she :
- Reinstall iFont.
- Go to "MY" tab in iFont.
- Choose "My font" or whatever file in that, dont worrry ì there is no font, as long as when you click in it, there will be "recover default font" or what, click it and choose the second option.
- It will automatically reboot.
- Font recovered.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones