How do I unmount a USB storage memory stick

1. smartjake

smartjake New Member

I'm using android 2.3 on a Wayteq tablet X-tab 100, I can mount my usb memory stick into the mini usb socket using a on-the-go adapter. I have looked up the android user guide for 2.3.4 it advises that I should go to Notifications and then turn off the USB storage from there. When I press the Notifications button there isn't a Turn off USB storage allocation. I then have to unmount the usb memory stick and it gives an error message in the notification section of the status bar to the effect usb unmounted , data may be lost. Since I have found a /.LOST.Dir on the stick.

Question. Is there another way to unmount the USB storage correctly?

Many thanks for your help.
    Smartjake

Advertisement
    :
  2. sdjf

sdjf New Member

I will confess I do not have one yet, but do know how things ought to work in Linux systems, and Android is Linux. If you cannot unmount external media or storage, that often is a sign that there is some application hanging on to it. If you had some sort of Process Manager, or command line access, you could kill that app and then the storage should unmount. Or just reboot, that ought to kill any processes that did not close cleanly.
  3. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

You can also try to go into settings and under Storage their maybe an option to unmount USB Mass storage. In Honeycomb I believe there's an option for that...at least my tablet does.
  4. zara2404

zara2404 New Member

Sorry I know this was from November but I've got the exact same problem with a Time2Touch MC701a tablet except it I can find nothing anywhere to tell me how to unmount it. Will try stopping all processes connected (my music and gallery automatically update) and see but getting so fed up of the notification