1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

How do i update andriod 1.6 to 2.0 for HTC tattoo

1. siferhumen

siferhumen New Member

Yes the main line say how do i update mt htc tattoo from 1.6 to 2.0 because i dont know how to do it :(
    anyone knows a youtube video thats shows how i do it or is there an update software to the PC that do it for me?
    tacks for the answers :)

Advertisement
  2. Spbeyond

Spbeyond Well-Known Member

Im pretty sure that you WILL BE GETTING, not that its out now. I beleive you are probably just going to have to wait. If its like the droid it will be a over the air update. Just a text box and you click okay.

The latest I can see for the Tattoo that is out now is 2.0.8

Unless I missed a story about it.

That is the "official" release anyway. I know nothing about unofficial mods and rooting.
  3. siferhumen

siferhumen New Member

The latest I can see for the Tattoo that is out now is 2.0.8

Download link?
    khayalmohammad likes this.
  4. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

2.0.8 is HTC Sync...not the Android version. 1.6 is latest available for Tattoo.
  5. Salad

Salad Active Member

Usually upgrades appear as 'Over The Air'. Basically, as far as I can tell, you'll check your phone one day and there'll be a little message asking if you want to upgrade to 2.x.
  6. TheBrit

TheBrit Well-Known Member

HTC Devices with Touch Sense do not update over the air. HTC issue a Rom Update Utility that flashes your phone with the new ROM via USB from your PC. You'll have to wait for HTC to release a 2.0/2.1 some time in the future. (unless there are any unofficial ROMs at Modaco)
  7. '76 F-350

'76 F-350 Member

I have a G-1.
    I am currently running 1.6, and have heard many things about 2.0, even a 2.1?
    Where can I get my hands on this, waiting for over the air updates can take too long.
  8. Eaglesfan9106

Eaglesfan9106 Well-Known Member

the g1 will not be getting 2.0 or 2.1 your stuck at 1.6